When I started my business back in 2003, there were very few educational resources. I started teaching other photographers in 2007, because I hoped to help people avoid the pain I went through.
The resources you see here continue my desire to help support others in the industry, which I feel supports the industry as a whole.
It's tough to make it in the commercial photography industry with all the relevant knowledge; it's downright impossible without it!
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY GUIDES
In 2018 I wrote a variety of comprehensive guides on the business of commercial photography on everything from commercial photography pricing, marketing, negotiating, bidding (and much more) that I assembled into bundles of information, including:
- Commercial Animal Photography Bundle
- Commercial Photography Contracts & Releases Bundle
- Commercial Photography for Small Businesses Bundle
- Commercial Photography Marketing Bundle
- Commercial Photography Pricing Bundle
- The Big Commercial Photography Bundle (contains 21 different guides, documents and forms, including all of the above and a 356-page guide to commercial photography)
Aside from the animal photography bundle, the educational resources are not designed specifically for animal photographers; they are for photographers in all genres who want to get started in commercial photography.
You can see all of the commercial photography educational products on my new website for aspiring commercial photographers: CPR: Commercial Photographer's Resources.
PET PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK
In 2012 I wrote a book, called Beautiful Beasties, a Creative Guide to Modern Pet Photography, published by Wiley Publishing and available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other book retailers. It's a 352-page resource guide loaded with information, and has been referred to as the 'pet photography bible' by readers.